We've compiled a few key focus areas to assist cellar doors towards achieving a greater customer value proposition and consequently, better sales conversion in the cellar door.
○ Hiring the appropriate candidate eliminates several issues down the road.
○ Most (not all) CV’s these days are, for the most part, extremely well-articulated works of fiction.
○ The most effective approach to recruitment in the modern era is to assess the candidate against the values and behaviours which define your company culture.
2) INDUCTIONS & ONBOARDING:
○ The importance of a formalised induction programme is highly advantageous.
○ Establishing a structured expectation of staff performance upon commencement of tenure is the most effective way of creating consistent cellar door service from the get-go.
3) CULTIVATING A CULTURE
○ Purely focusing on the skills around service will not guarantee consistency of output.
○ Management must instead focus on developing a culture within the team where the desired and expected behaviours are reiterated on a constant basis.
4) PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
○ Of significant importance is the implementation of a performance management process for the cellar door team.
○ Team members must have absolute clarity as to what day-to-day success looks like and be measured accordingly.
5) STRUCTURED FEEDBACK
○ Lastly, it is important that management schedule regular feedback sessions with the cellar door team so that individuals are aware of where they are succeeding and where the opportunity lies to improve.
CELLAR DOOR STAFF
1) A SEAMLESS PRE-ARRIVAL AND BOOKING PROCESS:
○ Guests contacting the establishment prior to arrival to make a booking or just to enquire about the experience should enjoy a seamless and convenient experience.
○ An unnecessary number of rings or delayed responses to emails only serves to deter customers.
○ The booking process, if required, should be simple and achievable in an omnichannel fashion (Telephonic, online, email, live chat, WhatsApp etc)